Sunday, May 5, 2024

This week around town

Find something to do at one of these Lansing-area events

Monday: Steppin’ In It
Unwind after a busy work or school day with a night of country and blues tunes performed by the Lansing-based quartet, Steppin’ In It.
The band will perform from 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. at The Green Door, 2005 E. Michigan Ave., in Lansing.
For more information, visit greendoorlive.com.

Tuesday: Put Off Procrastination
The University Activities Board invites students to attend a workshop on procrastination. Lesley-Ann Brown, a doctoral psychology intern at the MSU Counseling Center, will help students put an end to their procrastination by providing tips for managing their time.
The free event begins at 7 p.m. in Parlor A of the Union.
Visit uabevents.com for more information.

Wednesday: Movie Night
Skip the theater and head over to Mac’s Bar, 2700 E. Michigan Ave., in Lansing, for a movie night featuring the work of Stanley Kubrick.
“A Clockwork Orange” and “The Shining” will be shown starting at 9 p.m.
Attendees at this free event must be at least 18 years old.
For more information, visit macsbar.com.

Thursday: Support Vaginas, Eat a Hot Dawg
Help raise money for this year’s presentation of The Vagina Monologues at MSU while enjoying a hot dog or two.
There will be food and music at this fundraising event, which takes place from 6-10 p.m. at What Up Dawg?, 317 M.A.C. Ave.
For more information, visit theyummydawg.com.

Friday: Elliot Street Lunatic CD Release
Celebrate the release of Laingsburg, Mich., indie rock band Elliot Street Lunatic’s new full-length album “Ghost Town Lullabies” at The Loft, 414 E. Michigan Ave., in Lansing.
Tickets for the all-ages show, which begins at 6 p.m., can be purchased for $8 in advance or $10 at the door.
Visit theloftlansing.com for more information.

Share and discuss “This week around town” on social media.