Friday, October 25, 2024

Campus Crusade holds prayer event

Christian college students from across Michigan gathered together Friday night for State-wide College Prayer and Praise, an event that gave students the opportunity to worship together through prayer and songs. The event was sponsored by Campus Crusade for Christ and featured student speakers as well as a musical performance and opportunities to meet people from different schools and backgrounds.

During a time when most college students would be preparing for a night out on the town, crowds of students from across Michigan gathered at Riverview Church, 3585 Willoughby Road, in Holt, Mich., to reflect on their spiritual lives.

About 450 students involved in Campus Crusade for Christ attended State-wide College Prayer and Praise, an event that strived to gather members from across Michigan to sing songs of worship, hear testimonials and pray together as a collective movement. Activities included a brief meet and greet, a student-produced skit, student speakers from various schools and musical performances by members of Campus Crusade for Christ.

Campus Crusade for Christ is an international Christian organization that works to build spiritual movements on college campuses and spread the message of Jesus Christ throughout the nation and world, according to the group’s website.

Many students responded positively to the event and appreciated the opportunity to gather together as a whole group, interdisciplinary studies and social science junior David Maust said.

“Through this event, we were able to really unite as a movement and pray for what God is going to do on campus at MSU and across other campuses throughout the state,” Maust said.

Members of Campus Crusade for Christ traveled from more than 15 different Michigan colleges and universities, including the University of Michigan, Grand Valley State University, Central Michigan University and Western

Share and discuss “Campus Crusade holds prayer event” on social media.