Report: Granderson to N.Y., Jackson to Ariz.

The Detroit Tigers, New York Yankees and Arizona Diamondbacks agreed in principle Tuesday to a three-team deal in which Detroit would send All-Star center fielder Curtis Granderson to the Yankees and All-Star starting pitcher Edwin Jackson to the Diamondbacks, FoxSports.com reported Tuesday afternoon.

In return, the Tigers would receive right-handed pitcher Max Scherzer and left-handed pitcher Daniel Schlereth from the Diamondbacks and center fielder Austin Jackson and left-handed pitcher Phil Coke from New York.

Arizona would receive Edwin Jackson and right-handed pitcher Ian Kennedy from New York, while the Yankees would receive only Granderson.

As of Tuesday afternoon the deal was not yet final as teams were reviewing players’ medical records, according to Sports Illustrated’s Jon Heyman.

Scherzer, 25, started 30 games this season for Arizona, going 9-11 with a 4.12 ERA, while Schlereth, 23 and a 2008 first round draft pick, went 1-4 with a 5.89 ERA this season in limited action.

Coke, 27, appeared in 72 games this season for the Yankees — all in relief — posting a 4-3 record with 4.50 ERA. Jackson, 22, and regarded as one of the top prospects in the minor leagues, hit .300 with four home runs and 65 RBIs this season for New York’s Triple-A affiliate.

Share and discuss “Report: Granderson to N.Y., Jackson to Ariz.” on social media.