SAF fields complaints with distribution of Final Four tickets

E-mails flooded the Student Alumni Foundation and a crowd of outraged students showed up outside the SAF office Monday in response to an error in ticketing for the three Final Four games at Ford Field in Detroit.

Izzone adviser Dan DiMaggio said the error was caused by a link provided by Veritix, the third-party system made responsible by the NCAA for ticketing. SAF is investigating the error in cooperation with the MSU Athletics Department, DiMaggio said. A decision has not been made regarding any reparations for students who were unable to buy tickets.

“It’s not over,” DiMaggio said. “Every scenario will be in some discussion, and I don’t mean with the co-director of the Izzone. It’s far beyond any student decisions.”

Izzone members were informed by e-mail that 400 students would be eligible for tickets to the Final Four games on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 4 p.m. Monday, with qualification determined based on attendance to regular-season games.

Students were provided a faulty link that worked for only a small amount of time, said John Lewandowski, director of sports information.

Civil engineering senior Michael Staal, who walked to the SAF office Monday evening, said he was outraged by the error.

“It’s not every day you get a chance to see your school’s team — the team you’ve supported since you were a little kid — play right down the road in Detroit,” he said.

“We feel like the tickets have been stolen from us.”

Share and discuss “SAF fields complaints with distribution of Final Four tickets” on social media.