Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Take a peek behind the curtain and test drive the NEW StateNews.com today!

Trial delayed for man accused of assaulting MSU student

January 26, 2009

The trial for a Mason man accused of assaulting an MSU student near Beaumont Tower last fall was delayed Monday.

Jason Evans, 26, will wait for his trial to be rescheduled after an unrelated murder trial that started Monday bumped his court date back. Evans faces one count of felonious assault with a dangerous weapon and one count of false imprisonment.

He is accused of assaulting a then-19-year-old MSU student Oct. 6, 2008, by approaching the victim and holding a pocket knife to her neck.

The suspect fled after two people approached the victim, who was not injured, police said.

Although no date has been set for Evans’ trial, it must start by the last week of February, an Ingham County court clerk said.

Support student media! Please consider donating to The State News and help fund the future of journalism.

Discussion

Share and discuss “Trial delayed for man accused of assaulting MSU student” on social media.