Many know the arguments for and against war on a basic level. So let’s hold in our hot air and go out to learn about what our soldiers face.
It’s been a rough year for the nation and some of its effects have trickled through to campus. The economy has tanked, jobs are scarce, education funding continues to be threatened and mourning the deceased was all too common across campus this school year. But Spartans have shown their prowess on the athletic fields and courts and learned FRIB is coming to our crib, among other positive events.
From the kitchen to the family room to the basement, Tim Nickless’ mark is all over his family’s home. There’s the dark, hardwood floor running throughout the main level, grooved to feel as if Tim, a craftsman with wood, had carved and laid down the panels himself.
MSU and state officials said they are preparing for the worst, as reports of swine flu cases continue to come in throughout the state. Michigan lab workers are expecting lab results Wednesday afternoon determining whether five people in Ingham County with symptoms similar to those of swine flu have been infected, a county health official said.
For East Lansing-based dentist Brian Ruster, keeping an eye on the business of dentistry never has been more important. Despite working in a profession that, according to industry reports, was one of few to weather the recession with some bite in the past year, Ruster has had to cope with the plight of Michigan residents, customers losing dental insurance and patients taking more economical approaches when choosing procedures.
- U-M gets Obama for commencement — What are we gonna do?
- No doubt, team is family friendly
- Revised contract hits right note for both parties
- MSU ready to face another elite QB in bowl game
- Weekly Treat — Remembering Fall 2008
- Weekly Beef — Avery Suspension Bogus
- On Campus — Favorite MSU Alumni
- The Question — Takebacks on AI Deal?
- Handing out Big Ten awards
- MSU has Capital One Bowl in its sights
- On Campus — Big Ten Bowls Need Realignment
- Hollis doesn't expect early bowl announcement
- Five For Thought: Penn State Edition
- Loss proves Spartans still have work to do
- First half leaves a lot to be desired
- Heated atmosphere awaits teams
- Weekly Treat — Mussina Goes Out Right
- Spartans prepared for weather
- Weekly Beef — Sports Illustrated Being Outplayed
- Coaches hit recruiting trail during bye week