Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Freshman fifteen Q's

Tom Grams

College is a whole new world for many freshmen traveling campus for the first time. The State News sat down with one of these brave explorers to get a glimpse, in 15 questions or less, at a new face on campus and his perspective of his new frontier.

Meet Tom Grams

1. What’s your major? My major at the moment is predental, but I’m going to switch to nutritional sciences.

2. Where do you live? On campus, I’m located in Bailey Hall in the Brody Complex.

3. Where are you from? I’m from Toms River, N.J.

4. How do you feel about the semester being almost over? I’m extremely happy that the semester’s almost over and I can’t wait to go home.

5. How would you describe your first semester at MSU? Tough at some times, strenuous at times — other times it was really fun and easy.

6. What are your study plans/methods for exams? That’s a tough question. I’m just going to go over my notes from the entire year, go over study guides that my teachers have handed out for the exams and look for online help.

7. How was your Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving was pretty good. I went to my roommate’s house in Traverse City and got waited on by his parents, so it was fun.

8. What is your favorite holiday song? I have to think about this. “All I Want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey.

9. What is the most important thing that you’ve learned this semester? I’ve just learned so many important things, I don’t know if I’d be able to pick one.

10. Did you have a professor skip class this semester? Yes, my calculus teacher skipped class twice.

11. What class are you looking forward to next semester? An economics class, because on allMSU the teacher got all four-points across the board.

12. What are your plans for winter break? Go home, see my girlfriend, hang out with my friends and not study for anything.

13. What is on your holiday wish list? An XBox 360. And that’s pretty much it.

14. What’s your favorite holiday movie? For Christmas or any holiday? “Groundhog Day.”

15. What’s your New Year’s resolution? I don’t have one. Not yet, unless you want me to make one up.

—Compiled by Pat Evans

Share and discuss “Freshman fifteen Q's” on social media.