Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Freshman fifteen Q's

Freshman 15

College is a whole new world for many freshmen traveling campus for the first time. The State News sat down with one of these brave explorers to get a glimpse, in 15 questions or less, at a new face on campus and her perspective on her new frontier.

Meet Jamie Goetz

1. Where are you from?

Blissfield, Mich.

2. What’s your major?

Psychology.

3. Where do you live?

In Holden Hall.

4. How many slices of pizza can you eat in one sitting?

In one sitting, depending on how I feel, probably like eight.

5. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

The conditions in other countries that children have to grow up in, it just kind of breaks my heart, you know? Watching them have to struggle to eat and starving to death. I don’t know how you’d fix that but I would like to fix that, somehow.

6. Who is your role model and why?

My role model is probably my sister, Danielle. She’s just always so dedicated to everything and works so hard at everything, and she always achieves what she wants to.

7. Who is one famous person you wouldn’t mind never hearing from again?

I don’t really like Rosie O’Donnell, I don’t care for her.

8. What’s the biggest challenge facing our generation?

The job market, I think, because there’s so few jobs available and you have to have a really good education and you have to have direction. I don’t know, you have to know where you’re going and what you’re doing in order to know you’re going to succeed when you get out of college.

9. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure movie?

I don’t really know (laughing). I don’t have too many of those movies. I don’t really know. Do I have to answer it (laughing)?

10. Who is your favorite comedian?

My favorite comedian … Oh, I forgot his name … What’s his name? He has black hair. What is he in? Dane Cook!

11. What was the last book you read?

Maybe the “Harry Potter” books, I don’t know. I read one this summer, I know, but I haven’t read too much.

12. What’s the one song you could listen to on a loop forever?

The song “Austin” by Blake Shelton. I listen to that song all the time. I also listen to “Gunpowder & Lead” by Miranda Lambert all the time. I love that song.

13. If you could pick one TV show to live inside of, what would it be?

I love “Hannah Montana,” I really do! And there’s another one — I love “Sabrina, the Teenage Witch,” but only if I could be a witch though, ‘cause that’d be sweet.

14. What would you do if you had 24 hours to live?

That’s a pleasant thought. I’d hang out with my family and my friends, probably. Probably do something really exciting with all my family and friends like … go to the Great Barrier Reef, I always wanted to go there, or Greece, because Greece is really beautiful, with all my family and friends. Really quick, really quick trip.

15. What is your biggest pet peeve?

I don’t like smoking, I hate it when people smoke. Well, it’s not a pet peeve, but it’s just when people smoke and everyone’s standing around them, I hate that.

—Compiled by Kyle Feldscher

Share and discuss “Freshman fifteen Q's” on social media.