Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Freshman fifteen Q's

Jordan Laney

College is a whole new world for many freshmen traveling campus for the first time. The State News sat down with one of these brave explorers to get a glimpse, in 15 questions or less, at a new face on campus and his perspective on his new frontier.

Meet Jordan Laney

1. Where are you from? Kalamazoo.

2. What is your major? Right now it’s no-preference, but right now all my classes are geared toward engineering.

3. Where do you live? West Holden (Hall).

4. If you discovered a planet, what would you name it? I guess (I’d name it) after me.

5. What is your least favorite class? I really like all my classes, but if I had to pick one I’d say my Spanish class.

6. What fad comeback would you like to see? Yo-yos. That did come back for a while but it’s over. It’s gone again.

7. What is your favorite band? I don’t really have a favorite band. I have a lot of favorite artists, but I guess Lil’ Wayne would be my favorite.

8. Would you rather wear boots all year or sandals? Why? Boots, because when it rains or snows then your socks or feet will get all wet and nasty (wearing sandals) and boots protect it.

9. If you could change one thing about your schedule, what would it be? Not to have my math class every day. My homework schedule gets hectic during the week.

10. What book would you like to see turned into a movie? “The Things They Carried” (by Tim O’Brien).

11. What do you enjoy most about MSU? Just the atmosphere. You see a lot of new faces every day, you get a chance to meet a lot of new people.

12. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends? Normally on Saturdays I watch the football game and then I go play basketball at IM.

13. What are the colors of the Homeland Security Advisory System and their meanings? I think one of them is yellow and I don’t know what that means. Orange and I don’t know what they mean. I just know some of the colors.

14. What’s the best kind of dive or jump to do into a swimming pool? A cannonball, of course.

15. Why do you think a large number of Americans can’t locate the U.S. on a world map? Because they’re stupid.

- Compiled by Chris Vannini, The State News

Share and discuss “Freshman fifteen Q's” on social media.