Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Freshmen fifteen Q's

College is a whole new world for many freshmen traveling campus for the first time. The State News sat down with one of these brave explorers to get a glimpse, in 15 questions or less, at a new face on campus and their perspective on their new frontier.

Meet Allan Deman

1. What is your major? History

2. Where are you from? Sterling Heights

3. What is your favorite movie? Armageddon

4. Where do you live? Phillips Hall

5. How do you like your dorm? It’s wonderful because the remodeling seems to be good. I like the way the rooms are set up.

6. Why did you decide to go to MSU? I wanted to go into teaching, and the education program is ranked high in the nation.

7. What is your favorite class? German 101

8. What has been your favorite event here so far? The football games.

9. Are you apart of any organizations on campus? I am a member of the German club, and I play soccer for the German club IM team.

10. What do you think of the diversity on this campus? I like how there are so many different cultures and how we can all interact with each other.

11. How do you like the independence you have away at college? I like being able to choose what I want to do without anyone else second-guessing or telling me what to do.

12. What is your favorite cafeteria food? The BBQ chicken pizza in the Snyder-Phillips Hall cafe

13. What was your biggest fear before coming here? Not making friends.

14. How does it feel to not be able to drive your car up at school? It’s a big set back because I can’t just hop in my car and go when I want. I have to make my schedule around the bus schedule.

15. Do you have any phobias for taking tests and exams? I’m afraid that I won’t study the right material.

Complied by Nicquel Terry

Share and discuss “Freshmen fifteen Q's” on social media.