Thursday, October 10, 2024

BoarsHead hosts free series

Tired of seeing boring theater? Aching for a little bit of a wild, off-the-wall performance? Sick of not being able to foot the bill for mega-hit shows? Well, look no further than BoarsHead Professional Theatre tonight to replenish every theatrical need and want in your body.

BoarsHead's Second Company actors will continue their Dark Night series this month with "Brilliant Traces" by Cindy Lou Johnson.

"Traces" starts out in Alaska when a bride - wedding dress and all - stumbles into a man's cabin during a raging winter storm. She manically babbles for a few minutes to the puzzled cabin-owner and devours some of his food, but then immediately passes out on the wooden floor.

To find out what happens, go check out the show.

Dark Night through BoarsHead started a few years back when interns at the professional theater company wanted to display their skills and talents more frequently than the regular shows permitted.

Mondays typically are known as "dark nights" in the wide world of theater, because actors often have those days and nights off to perform regular tasks in their daily lives - unlike others who usually have Saturdays and Sundays off.

But instead of staying home and doing the dishes, the Second Company actors decided to produce witty, energetic and uncensored shows for the general public to view - believe it or not - for free.

Past Dark Nights have included scenes from Shakespeare, "The Eight Reindeer Monologues," a Christopher Durang night and some full length plays - "The Maids," "The Sea Horse," and "The Lesbian Vampires of Sodom."

To check out the latest installment of the Dark Night series at BoarsHead, make sure to get there early - they've been known to fill the house on these special nights.

Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for the 7 p.m. show at BoarsHead Professional Theatre, 425 S. Grand Ave. in Lansing.

For more information on Dark Nights or BoarsHead, call (517) 484-7800.

Share and discuss “BoarsHead hosts free series” on social media.