Sunday, April 21, 2024

Police briefs 04/05/01

A small fire broke out Wednesday morning at Georgio’s Pizza, 120 Charles Street, causing an estimated $1,000 in damage.At 9 a.m., a grease fire was ignited in the ventilation tubing to the parlor’s pizza ovens. No one was injured and the fire was extinguished within five minutes, said Jerry Rodabaugh, a fire inspector and investigator for the East Lansing Fire Department.Two workers were in the restaurant during the fire. No foul play is suspected.“It wasn’t much of a fire,” Rodabaugh said. “I looked at ventilation tubing, making sure it was to code. The fire burned through ventilation system for the pizza ovens.”The restaurant was closed for about four hours to check equipment, and then reopened.

Support student media! Please consider donating to The State News and help fund the future of journalism.

Discussion

Share and discuss “Police briefs 04/05/01” on social media.