Cheer on Spartans in Minneapolis

We traveled to Atlanta hoping to be a part of a traditional Spartan crowd. Unfortunately, the only thing we saw were alumni and local MSU fans. At the pregame pep rally that the alumni provided at the team’s hotel, it was hard to find anyone that didn’t have gray hair. There was nothing close to an Izzone or to the turnout of Penn State or Temple students. We were completely outnumbered. Those other schools offered buses for their students and MSU offered nothing. It was disappointing MSU, the defending National Champions, did not provide a way for students to attend.

We left East Lansing Thursday night and drove to St. Louis where we picked up another Spartan fan. Then, Friday morning we made the trip to Atlanta. We barely had any money in our pockets and no tickets, but we could not pass up this great opportunity to see the Spartans play. We wish that other students would have had the same opportunity to attend too.

So, students if you are considering going to Minneapolis this weekend, go! It will be one of your best weekends as a Spartan and something you will remember forever.

Katy Neal
merchandise management junior

Jessica Tremonti
merchandise management junior

Kortney Grant
communication junior

Share and discuss “Cheer on Spartans in Minneapolis” on social media.