Marion accepts plea bargin, admits to murdering Brown, Goodenow

David Marion Jr. pleaded guilty to the March 2010 murders of MSU student Darren Brown and his roommate Owen Goodenow. Under the plea agreement, Marion would serve a minimum of 40 years in prison.

David Marion Jr. pleaded guilty to the March 2010 murders of MSU student Darren Brown and his roommate Owen Goodenow this morning in Lansing’s 30th Circuit Court in the hopes of a lighter sentence.

Marion admitted going to the home of Brown and Goodenow on the 1300 block of Glasgow Drive in Lansing with co-conspirator Benjamin French to rob Goodenow. When asked by Judge Clinton Canady if he pleaded guilty to both the murders of Brown and Goodenow, Marion replied, “yes.”

Because Marion admitted to the murders, Ingham County Assistant Prosecutor Bill Crino and the rest of the prosecution agreed to charge him with two counts of second degree murder and drop all other charges against him, including open murder, armed robbery and conspiracy to commit murder.

French was sentenced to life in prison without parole on the aforementioned charges in January.

Under the plea agreement Marion would serve a minimum of 40 years in prison. A maximum number of years will be set by the judge during sentencing.

Crino said although he believed the case they had against Marion was strong, he believed the guilty plea was sufficient for all close to the case.

“It’s a just result for all the families involved,” Crino said.

Marion’s sentencing is scheduled to be held 8:30 a.m. April 4.

Share and discuss “Marion accepts plea bargin, admits to murdering Brown, Goodenow” on social media.