Students struggle to find Final Four tickets

When midnight struck Sunday, members of the Izzone had a chance to buy $25 tickets for the MSU student section of Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis for MSU’s Final Four matchup against Butler.

Four minutes after going on sale, most of the 660 available tickets were sold out. The rest sold out shortly after.
Since then, it has been a scramble for Spartans fans to purchase a chance to see the men’s basketball team make its second consecutive showing in the next-to-last stop of the NCAA Championship.

“When the link went active, within a matter of seconds, almost every ticket was put into a shopping cart,” Izzone co-director Shane Smith said.

“There were just so many people that clicked on that link.”

Tickets still are on sale on Web sites such as www.stubhub.com and www.razorgator.com, ranging in price from $299 to more than $1,000. Some students said they have combed for tickets using sites such as eBay. Some have posted classified ads on sites such as allMSU.com.

Diana Leadley, a communication sophomore and Izzone member, said she is exploring several possibilities after she was unable to purchase one of the low-price tickets.

Leadley said she posted an ad on allMSU.com and is considering several offers she received prior to putting up the ad.

Leadley said the prices she has found using other avenues are “ridiculous,” but she is determined to make it to the Final Four.

Leadley said she likely will stay in East Lansing if she is unable to secure a ticket, but is going full throttle to find one until then.

“I woke up Monday morning and said, ‘Hey, I gotta get to this game,’” Leadley said.

“It’s something I’m really passionate about. I back my guys up 100 percent and I want to be there for them.”

Hospitality business junior Megan Casey, also a member of the Izzone, said her hunt for a ticket to the Final Four has been problematic, although she might have an opportunity to purchase a ticket from an acquaintance this week.

Regardless, Casey said finding an affordable ticket has been trying.

“It’s so fun to make it to the Final Four, but right away we just got a sense of stress about getting the ticket,” Casey said.

“It’s just adding extra stress that shouldn’t happen during the Final Four.”

Nick Thomas, an interdisciplinary studies in social science and community relations sophomore and an Izzone member, said he was able to purchase one of the low-price tickets.

“(I feel) pretty lucky,” Thomas said.

“I got on at midnight and my friend got on at the same time and he didn’t get a ticket.”

Share and discuss “Students struggle to find Final Four tickets” on social media.