Presidential candidates would be required to furnish a birth certificate to Michigan authorities in order to appear on ballots in the state if a state representative has his way.
A group of MSU students are taking their musical talents to Central Asia this summer to benefit orphans in that region and are holding a concert tonight to drum up donations.
Lawmakers appear to disagree over exactly how to fund MSU and Michigan’s 14 other public universities, with differing funding proposals emerging in the Legislature this week and last. But it’s not so much the extent of the cuts to higher education — that number seems to be pegged at going no lower than 15 percent, which would cost MSU $43 million next year from this fiscal year’s $283.7 million in state dollars and more than $222 million for all universities combined. The disagreement, rather, centers around key aspects of where the money comes from.
More than 130 people gathered Wednesday at an East Lansing elementary school to gain perspective and share their opinions of state budget woes. State Sen.
- Report: Libya intervention has cost U.S. more than $550 million thus far
- Snyder releases details of local gov't accountability plan
- Emergency financial manager bill passed by House, on to Snyder
- U.S. House funding measure likely will pass to avoid second shutdown
- U.S. House debates measure to extend budget deadline
- Dept. of Justice decision potentially fatal blow to marriage act
- Potential budget cuts would target public broadcasting, film incentive
- Report: Universities face deep cuts in Snyder's budget proposal
- Obama outlines 2012 budget proposal with plans to cut, invest
- Legislature looking to criminalize K2, drug-related use of bath salts
- Campus violence incites debate on concealed carry nationally
- Examining potential effects of redistricting
- Former Gov. Jennifer Granholm teaching at UC Berkeley
- Snyder snippets from the State of the State
- Economists discuss how Snyder, Legislature will approach ailing budget
- Governors face budget gaps nationwide