Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Special Prosecutor to update public on MSU investigation Tuesday

<p>Former prosecutor and newly named lead investigator Bill Forsyth speaks during the press conference on Jan 27, 2018 at Kelley Library 525 W. Ottawa in Lansing. "It is going to take a great deal of time," Forsyth said. "When we're done we can't promise that everyone will like what we find, but we can promise we will do it right."</p>

Former prosecutor and newly named lead investigator Bill Forsyth speaks during the press conference on Jan 27, 2018 at Kelley Library 525 W. Ottawa in Lansing. "It is going to take a great deal of time," Forsyth said. "When we're done we can't promise that everyone will like what we find, but we can promise we will do it right."

Photo by Sylvia Jarrus | The State News

William Forsyth, the special prosecutor appointed by Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette to investigate MSU's handling of sexual misconduct involving ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar, will provide an update on his investigation into MSU Tuesday at noon.

Forsyth will be joined by officials from Michigan State Police and the Attorney General's Office.

Forsyth, a veteran prosecutor with 42 years of service, was tapped by Schuette to lead the investigation in January.

Schuette previously said the investigation was a "top priority" for his office. A report will be made available to the public following the investigation, The State News previously reported.

The Attorney General's office seized documents from the Hannah Administration Building in early February. MSU Interim President John Engler sent a letter to Forsyth expressing his displeasure of the investigation's methods regarding the seizure shortly after he took office.

A tip line and online complaint form are currently available for anyone who might have information pertinent to the investigation.

Share and discuss “Special Prosecutor to update public on MSU investigation Tuesday” on social media.