AG Schuette sets up tip line, online complaint form for MSU investigation

<p>Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette speaks to the media during a press conference on Feb. 22, 2017 at the attorney general's office at 525 W. Ottawa St. in East Lansing.</p>
<p><strong>Sundeep Dhanjal | The State News</strong></p>

Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette speaks to the media during a press conference on Feb. 22, 2017 at the attorney general's office at 525 W. Ottawa St. in East Lansing.

Sundeep Dhanjal | The State News

A hotline, email address and online form for tips regarding the investigation of MSU by Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette's office are now live, Schuette announced in a press release Friday.

The release urges, "anyone who believes they have credible information related to MSU, its handling of Larry Nassar’s sexual abuse and other related matters" to reach out.

The form can be filled out online. The office can be contacted by email at msuinvestigation@michigan.gov or by phone at (844) 324-3374. The phone line will be available weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., according to the release.

Schuette held a press conference Jan. 27 to officially announce his investigation into MSU's handling of complaints regarding ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar. 

At the conference, Schuette said the department plans to find out who knew what and when, who took action, who failed to take action, what did or did not happen and what should have happened.  

"Let’s be very clear, no individual and no department at Michigan State University is off limits," Schuette said. "I’ve often said that there is one system of justice and the rules apply to everybody, the same way.”  

The Michigan Department of the Attorney General could not be reached for comment

Share and discuss “AG Schuette sets up tip line, online complaint form for MSU investigation” on social media.