MSU granted extension to provide Nassar records to House of Reps

MSU has been granted an extension to provide ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar records to the Michigan House of Representatives. 

MSU has until Feb. 14 to provide allegation records against Nassar from 2014-17, according to a press release from the Michigan House of Representatives Friday.

"The Michigan House of Representatives today did not receive information from Michigan State University in response to the official request made on January 25, 2018," according to the press release. "The university had been given a deadline of February 9, 2018 to turn over the information."

According to the release, MSU requested an extension to collect and provide requested information, which was grated by State Reps. Klint Kesto and Kim LaSata.

“We fully anticipate all requested information being turned over by Wednesday," according to a statement from Kesto and LaSata included in the release. "If it is not, our committees will meet shortly to discuss the next steps in compelling the university to do the right thing.”

Kesto and LaSata said in their statement the information is important to improve state law and build a better, safer system for crime victims and students.

Kesto and LaSata said, "We look forward to reviewing this information, finding points of failure in the university’s process and beginning work on important reforms that can ensure these mistakes will never be made again."

Share and discuss “MSU granted extension to provide Nassar records to House of Reps” on social media.