Trustees to appoint interims dean, AD during Friday meeting

<p>Interim president John Engler addresses the media with the Board of Trustees backing him on Jan. 31, 2018, at Hannah Administration Building. (C.J. Weiss | The State News)</p>

Interim president John Engler addresses the media with the Board of Trustees backing him on Jan. 31, 2018, at Hannah Administration Building. (C.J. Weiss | The State News)

The MSU Board of Trustees is planning on holding its regularly scheduled meeting 9 a.m. Friday at the Hannah Administration Building. 

During the meeting, the president's report will address health care strategies, the Facility for Rare Isotope Beams and Grand Rapids property.

The trustees are also expected to officially appoint the interim dean of the College of Osteopathic Medicine, Andrea Amalfitano, and are expected to appoint the interim athletic director, current  Vice President and Secretary of the Board of Trustees William Beekman. Carol Viventi will also be appointed vice president and special counsel to MSU's interim president, John Engler. 

There will also be personnel action regarding MSU’s head football coach, Mark Dantonio, who is subject to contract effective January 15, 2023 to January 14, 2024. 

Along with committee reports and items requiring board approval, public participation on miscellaneous items is also scheduled.  

The public should be aware that the MSU police department will be using metal detectors to gain entry into the meeting. Extra time should be allowed to account for this procedure. It is recommended that the public not bring bags or backpacks to speed up entry. 

Share and discuss “Trustees to appoint interims dean, AD during Friday meeting” on social media.