Former wide receiver Trishton Jackson transferring to Syracuse

<p>Sophomore wide receiver Trishton Jackson (86) catches the ball during a kick off in the Green and White Spring Game on April 1, 2017 at Spartan Stadium. The White team defeated the Green team, 33-23.</p>

Sophomore wide receiver Trishton Jackson (86) catches the ball during a kick off in the Green and White Spring Game on April 1, 2017 at Spartan Stadium. The White team defeated the Green team, 33-23.

Photo by Nic Antaya | The State News

Former MSU wide receiver Trishton Jackson announced on Twitter Monday afternoon he'll be transferring to Syracuse University. This announcement comes three days after Jackson announced his departure from MSU's football program.

The sophomore brought in 17 catches for 232 receiving yards and one touchdown in his Spartan career. 

Jackson is the third player to transfer from Mark Dantonio's squad this offseason, with the first two being former quarterback Messiah deWeaver and former wide out Hunter Rison.

The Orange went 4-8 in the 2017 season and saw wins over Central Michigan University and No. 4 Clemson.

Share and discuss “Former wide receiver Trishton Jackson transferring to Syracuse” on social media.