Junior wing Kyle Ahrens out for season with foot injury

Freshman guard Miles Bridges (22), freshman guard Cassius Winston (5) and sophomore guard Kyle Ahrens (0) celebrate during the second half of the men's basketball game against Youngstown State on Dec. 6, 2016 at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Penguins, 77-57.
Freshman guard Miles Bridges (22), freshman guard Cassius Winston (5) and sophomore guard Kyle Ahrens (0) celebrate during the second half of the men's basketball game against Youngstown State on Dec. 6, 2016 at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Penguins, 77-57. —
Photo by Nic Antaya | The State News

Junior wing Kyle Ahrens is out for the season, MSU coach Tom Izzo confirmed on Tuesday at his weekly news conference. 

Ahrens, who has not played since last season, was ruled out indefinitely before the start of the season after he re-injured a stress reaction in his right foot. The 6-foot-6 native of Versailles, Ohio, initially sustained the injury in a summer league game and thought he'd be out four to five weeks.

In 34 games last season he averaged eight-plus minutes a game. He also averaged 2.6 points and 1.1 rebounds last season.

MSU is off until Friday, when it hosts Indiana at 7 p.m.

Share and discuss “Junior wing Kyle Ahrens out for season with foot injury” on social media.