Nassar sentencing mid-day Monday: 10 more survivors speak

<p>Emma Ann Miller, 15, left, embraces her mother, Leslie Miller, during her statement on the fifth day of Ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics Dr. Larry Nassar's sentencing on Jan. 22, 2018 at the Ingham County Circuit Court in Lansing.</p>

Emma Ann Miller, 15, left, embraces her mother, Leslie Miller, during her statement on the fifth day of Ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics Dr. Larry Nassar's sentencing on Jan. 22, 2018 at the Ingham County Circuit Court in Lansing.

Photo by Nic Antaya | The State News

So far, 10 survivors of sexual abuse at the hands of ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar addressed the court during day five of his sentencing. 

That brings the running total of those who have spoken so far up to 99, with at least 45 still scheduled to speak. The sentencing started with 88 survivors scheduled to speak, but more were added every day of the sentencing, bringing the total to 144 confirmed speakers, although that number might change.

Emma Ann Miller gave her statement Monday. She is 15 years old and she said she thinks she might be Nassar's last victim. 

She said she was treated by him in late August 2016, about a week before MSU fired Nassar.

During her statement, she pleaded with Nassar to tell the court about the people who helped him stay employed for so long.

"Tell us about the telltale signs that others at MSU, Twistars and USAG should have seen but didn't," Emma Ann said. "In one of your last public acts, actually help someone. Of course, we are aware that some knew, but there are likely many, many more opportunities these institutions and individuals had to stop you long before Rachael (Denhollander) and the IndyStar article surfaced."

But Emma Ann said she can support MSU if she chooses to.

"I don't have to be ashamed or anti-MSU, I can be a Spartan if I choose," Emma Ann said. "I can yell, 'Go green' ... I can root for Miles Bridges if I want, and still hold you, MSU, accountable and I will. You are no more powerful than Nassar. You don't hold any power over me either."

Nassar's Monday sentencing continues at 1 p.m. Follow along with the live blog here.

Share and discuss “Nassar sentencing mid-day Monday: 10 more survivors speak” on social media.