Board of Trustees set to meet Friday

Provost June Youatt listens to a statment from president Lou Anna K. Simon during the Board of Trustees meeting on June 6, 2017, at the Hannah Administration Building. The board discussed tuition, budget and facility renovations.
Provost June Youatt listens to a statment from president Lou Anna K. Simon during the Board of Trustees meeting on June 6, 2017, at the Hannah Administration Building. The board discussed tuition, budget and facility renovations. —
Photo by Jon Famurewa | The State News

The Board of Trustees will kick off the fall semester with a meeting Friday morning. The meeting will be highlighted with a report from the president, nine counts of personnel actions and/or information reports, a couple of renovation proposals for campus buildings and a proposed name change for one committee within the board.

Personnel actions and information reports

Eight professors and one associate provost for the university are set to have their salary updated for the academic year. Eight of the nine are tenured.

Campus renovations

The Trustee Finance Committee is set to present renovation plans.

The first of which is a proposal to renovate Wonders Hall in an effort to update support for teaching, learning and the students.

The roofs at the Communication Arts and Sciences buildings need replacing — as a part of 2016-2017 major maintenance — which will be the second plan proposed.

Potential committee name change

The Trustee Policy Committee is seeking an approval to change their name. There is no definitive name desired, but they are open to suggestions. 

The rest

The Board will hear from the rest of the committees and review several contracts with third-party companies. Bio-Electra, Cultural Intelligence Center LLC and Drawbridge Inc. are scheduled to have their contract approved. PhotosynQ and one unnamed LLC will have their contract negotiated.

To wrap up the meeting, the Board will hear from Chairperson Brian Breslin and open up an opportunity for the public to participate.

Share and discuss “Board of Trustees set to meet Friday” on social media.