Nassar Ingham County cases consolidated, trial date set for December

Judge Donald Allen Jr looks at Larry Nassar during the final day of the preliminary examination hearing in the 55th District Court on June 23.
Judge Donald Allen Jr looks at Larry Nassar during the final day of the preliminary examination hearing in the 55th District Court on June 23. —

Ex-MSU doctor Larry Nassar's two cases in Ingham County have been consolidated into one case, as determined Tuesday at the 30th Judicial Circuit Court in Ingham County. The trial date for this case is set for Dec. 4 at 8:30 a.m.

Nassar's original trial date for the cases was set for Oct. 23, but combining the cases will create a slight delay, as the defense has yet to obtain evidence that is needed to proceed.

The prosecution will work with the defense to obtain that evidence.

Ingham County Circuit Court Judge Rosemarie Aquilina said she was not in support of the motion to consolidate the cases, but after meeting with prosecuting and defense attorneys in an in-chambers conference, the council decided to consolidate the cases.

If they choose to do so, Nassar and his attorneys have until Dec. 1 to file a plea.

Nassar is accused of sexually abusing patients and other young women with whom he came into contact. He was arrested in December 2016 on charges of possessing “at least 37,000” images of child pornography. He currently faces seven first-degree criminal sexual assault charges in the Eaton County District Court.

Stay with The State News for continued coverage.

Share and discuss “Nassar Ingham County cases consolidated, trial date set for December” on social media.