Kaleb Johnson earned Big Ten Men's Golfer of the Week

<p>MSU men's golf's Kaleb Johnson&nbsp;in action during the second round of the 12th annual Inverness Intercollegiate golf tournament hosted by the University of Toledo at the Inverness Club in Toledo, Ohio on Sept. 19, 2016. PHOTO COURTESY OF MSU ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS.</p>

MSU men's golf's Kaleb Johnson in action during the second round of the 12th annual Inverness Intercollegiate golf tournament hosted by the University of Toledo at the Inverness Club in Toledo, Ohio on Sept. 19, 2016. PHOTO COURTESY OF MSU ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS.

MSU men's golf freshman Kaleb Johnson recorded his third top-10 finish of his freshman season leading him to being named the Big Ten Men's Golfer of the Week, the conference announced Wednesday. 

The Naples, Fla. native finished tied for sixth in the highly-competitive Clemson Invitational during the weekend with a 54-hole score of 215.

Johnson's second round 66 was the second-lowest score of the tournament and was tied for Johnson's season-low. 

Through the three-round tournament, Johnson carded 13 birdies. 

This is the second time Johnson has been honored with Golfer of the Week honors as he finished third in the Quail Valley Intercollegiate and was named the conference's Golfer of the Week on Oct. 26.

The Spartans will now travel to West Lafayette for the Boilermaker Invitational this weekend for a two-day tournament. 

Share and discuss “Kaleb Johnson earned Big Ten Men's Golfer of the Week” on social media.