Crime Round-up: 29 crimes reported since March 31

<p>Michigan State University Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News</p>

Michigan State University Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News

Photo by Courtney Kendler | The State News

Since March 31, MSU police have recorded 29 crimes in the Clery Crime and Fire Log, ranging from larceny to vehicle theft to illegal use of a credit card.

Larceny

There have been 10 cases of larceny reported to MSUPD, according to the crime log. Two incidents were reported at Lot 89. One incident was reported at each of the following locations: Lot 32, Lot 62W, Wells Hall, Case Hall, IM Sports-West, IM Sports-Circle, Kellogg Center and 269 Akers Road. All of the incidents are currently listed as active in the crime log.

Illegal use of a credit card

Two instances of an illegal use of a credit card have occurred in Akers Hall, according to the crime log. One of the cases also involves the possession of stolen property. The status of all the cases is active.

Assault

There are two incidents of assault in the crime log. One is a non-aggravated/simple assault that allegedly occurred on April 5 at the Psychology Building. The case is currently active. The other incident was an aggravated/felonious assault at Demonstration Hall on March 31. An arrest has been made.

Motor vehicle theft

An incident of vehicle theft occurred at Bryan Hall was reported on April 3. The case is listed as inactive.

Burglary

There have been two cases of burglary that occurred since March 31. One incident burglary forced entrance into a residence occurred at Yakeley Hall on April 3. The case is active. The other incident occurred on April 2 and is listed as burglary entering without permission. It occurred at Mason Hall and is currently listed as active.

Violation of a controlled substance 

Two incidents of violation of a controlled substance have been reported to MSUPD since March 31. An arrest was made for the  possession of marijuana on March 31 near the corner of Michigan Avenue and Delta Court. The other incident was also possession of marijuana and it occurred on April 2, near the corner of Harrison Road and Kalamazoo Street. An arrest was made.

For a full list of crimes, visit the Clery Crime and Fire Log.

Share and discuss “Crime Round-up: 29 crimes reported since March 31” on social media.