MSU track and field's Tim Ehrhardt earns indoor first-team All-American honors

<p>Then-junior pole vaulter Tim Ehrhardt poles vaults during the Big Ten men&#x27;s and women&#x27;s indoor track and field championship on Feb. 24, 2017, at SPIRE Institute in Geneva, Ohio.</p>

Then-junior pole vaulter Tim Ehrhardt poles vaults during the Big Ten men's and women's indoor track and field championship on Feb. 24, 2017, at SPIRE Institute in Geneva, Ohio.

MSU indoor track redshirt-junior Tim Ehrhardt was named First-Team Indoor All-American in the pole vault for the second time in his career, the United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association, or USTFCCCA, announced on Monday.

In 2015, the Addison, Ill. native was given All-American honors for his accomplishments at the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships, where he placed seventh in the heptathlon with 5,669 points.

Ehrhardt registered a career-long jump of 5.50 meters to finish fourth in the pole vault at the 2017 NCAA Indoor Track & Field Championships in College Station, Texas last week, where the men's track and field team concluded the indoor season and tied for 36th in the two-day event. 

Ehrhardt is the first Spartan to be named an All-American in the men's pole vault since 2006, when Brad Gebauer also finished fourth at the 2006 NCAA Indoor Track & Field Championships.

MSU will open the outdoor track and field season March 24-25 at the Raleigh Relays in Raleigh, N.C.

Share and discuss “MSU track and field's Tim Ehrhardt earns indoor first-team All-American honors” on social media.