Senior guard Tori Jankoska named Big Ten Player of Week

Senior guard Tori Jankoska (1) attempts to take the ball from Michigan guard Kysre Gondrezick (1) during the women's basketball game against the University of Michigan on Feb. 19, 2017 at Crisler Arena in Ann Arbor, Mich. The Spartans defeated the Wolverines, 86-68.
Senior guard Tori Jankoska (1) attempts to take the ball from Michigan guard Kysre Gondrezick (1) during the women's basketball game against the University of Michigan on Feb. 19, 2017 at Crisler Arena in Ann Arbor, Mich. The Spartans defeated the Wolverines, 86-68. —
Photo by Jon Famurewa | and Jon Famurewa The State News

After leading the MSU women's basketball team to a 86-68 win over the University of Michigan Sunday, senior guard Tori Jankoska was named the Big Ten Women's Basketball Player of the Week.

In the Spartans' upset win over the Wolverines, the 5-foot-8 guard was 10-for-16 from the field for a game-high 28 points. The Freeland, Mich. native also became the Spartans' all-time leader in 3-point field goals made in the victory.

This marks Jankoska's third career Player of the Week honor. It was the first an MSU player garnered the honor since former women's basketball player Aerial Powers in February of 2016, and she continues to cement herself within Spartan history. 

She documented her first career triple-double and the third in MSU history in last Thursday's home win over Minnesota as she scored 24 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists. Jankoska's triple-double was the first since Kristin Haynie logged one in 2005. 

In MSU's two Big Ten wins last week over U-M and Minnesota, Jankoska averaged 26 points, 7.5 rebounds, 7.5 assists and 3.5 blocks per game, while logging a 54.3 field goal percentage and a 45.8 percentage from 3-point land.

Jankoska ranks No. 2 in the Big Ten in scoring — averaging 22.3 points per game — and leads the conference in 3-pointers per game with 3.7 and free throw percentage with 90.8 percent of her attempts.

The Spartans face Penn State University on Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the last home game of the season for MSU. 

Share and discuss “Senior guard Tori Jankoska named Big Ten Player of Week” on social media.