Saturday, May 11, 2024

4th warrant request submitted in MSU football sexual assault investigation

<p>Michigan State University Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News</p>

Michigan State University Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News

A fourth warrant request has been issued by MSU Police for the sexual assault investigation involving three MSU football players and a staff member, according to the Ingham County Prosecutor's Office.

The fourth warrant is for obstructing a criminal investigation, not a sexual offense. The prosecutor's office confirmed the new warrant request is for a MSU staff member.

"Nobody has been issued (a warrant), these are warrant requests," a staff member of Ingham County Prosecutor's Office said. "The prosecutor has asked MSU Police to conduct a follow up investigation and provide additional evidence and information."

It has not been determined if or when the names of those involved will be released, the prosecutor's office said.

On Feb. 16, MSUPD submitted three warrant requests to the prosecutor's office. In a press release, the prosecutor's office said they would "make a review decision in the short-term future."

Curtis Blackwell, the director of college advancement and performance for MSU football, was suspended with pay on Feb. 14, MSU spokesperson Jason Cody confirmed.

"I can’t discuss the details of any employee’s suspension or the circumstances or whether that suspension is tied to anything else that’s going on and being reported,” Cody said.

Stay with The State News for updates.

Share and discuss “4th warrant request submitted in MSU football sexual assault investigation” on social media.