Miles Bridges earns Co-Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors

Freshman forward and guard Miles Bridges (22) pushes the ball up the court as Ohio State forward Marc Loving (2) prepares to stop him  during the game against Ohio State on Jan. 15, 2017 at the Jerome Schottenstein Center.The Spartans were defeated by the Buckeyes, 67-72.
Freshman forward and guard Miles Bridges (22) pushes the ball up the court as Ohio State forward Marc Loving (2) prepares to stop him during the game against Ohio State on Jan. 15, 2017 at the Jerome Schottenstein Center.The Spartans were defeated by the Buckeyes, 67-72. —
Photo by Jon Famurewa | and Jon Famurewa The State News

The Big Ten announced in a press release Monday MSU freshman forward/guard Miles Bridges was selected as Big Ten Co-Freshman of the Week.

In MSU’s two games during the week, Bridges averaged 20 points and 7.5 rebounds per game and shot 73.7 percent from the floor, including 75 percent from 3-point range against then-No. 24 Minnesota and Ohio State University.

The Big Ten also selected Penn State’s Mike Watkins as the other Freshman of the Week.

Bridges joined freshman forward Nick Ward as the only two Spartans to earn the honor three times this season. Against the Golden Gophers, Bridges scored a game-high 16 points with six rebounds and four blocks. In MSU’s loss to Ohio State Sunday, Bridges matched a career-high 24 points with nine rebounds. Bridges currently leads the team in scoring with 15.3 points and rebounds with 8.1 per game.

Bridges and the Spartans will play their next game against Indiana on Saturday at Assembly Hall. Tipoff is scheduled for 4 p.m.

Share and discuss “Miles Bridges earns Co-Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors” on social media.