Miles Bridges named his fourth Big Ten Freshman of the week award

Freshman guard/forward Miles Bridges (22) celebrates during the second half of men's basketball game against the University of Michigan on Jan. 29, 2017 at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Wolverines, 70-62.
Freshman guard/forward Miles Bridges (22) celebrates during the second half of men's basketball game against the University of Michigan on Jan. 29, 2017 at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Wolverines, 70-62. —
Photo by Sundeep Dhanjal | and Sundeep Dhanjal The State News

Freshman forward Miles Bridges was named Big Ten Freshman of the Week for the fourth time this season, according to a press release.

Bridges averaged 24 points, 10 rebounds, three blocks and two steals per game during a two-game span against University of Michigan and then-No. 20 Purdue University.

In a loss against the Boilermakers, Bridges scored a career-high 33 points with seven rebounds and four blocks while shooting 70.6 percent from the field. Against U-M, Bridges scored 15 points and dominated the boards with 13 rebounds, adding three steals in the Spartans' Sunday win.

Bridges' 33 points were the most ever by an MSU freshman in a single game. Facing the Wolverines, Bridges also recorded his fourth double-double of the season as the Spartans outlasted their in-state rivals.

Bridges and the Spartans are scheduled next to play the Nebraska Cornhuskers on Thursday in Lincoln, Neb. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.

Share and discuss “Miles Bridges named his fourth Big Ten Freshman of the week award” on social media.