IM Sports-West to undergo renovations in summer 2017

<p>A view of the indoor pool on Oct. 25, 2015 at IM Sports-West. Despite constant use by students, significant renovations have not been made to these facilities since 2005.</p>

A view of the indoor pool on Oct. 25, 2015 at IM Sports-West. Despite constant use by students, significant renovations have not been made to these facilities since 2005.

Photo by Alice Kole | The State News

After spring final exams end, renovations will be made to the indoor pool room and a locker room in IM Sports-West.

“They are to replace the heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems serving the (indoor) pool," Infrastructure Planning and Facilities mechanical engineer Sue Hopper said. "There is also one system serving the locker room that should be replaced, given that there is enough funding for that."

The renovations are happening because the heating and cooling systems are not working properly and will be paid for by MSU's maintenance budget, Hopper said.

Sprinklers and new lighting will also be installed, Hopper said.

The updates shouldn't take long. Hopper said the project is expected to be completed in September 2017.

Decisions regarding more substantial renovations will be made as part of the Healthy Campus Initiative, Hopper said.

Share and discuss “IM Sports-West to undergo renovations in summer 2017” on social media.