Boil Water Advisory for East Lansing and Meridian Charter Township

Interdisciplinary studies in social science senior Ricardo Vasquez demonstrates washing his face using water he poured from a bottle on Feb. 12, 2016 at his home in Flint, Mich. Vasquez relies on bottled water to complete daily tasks since it isn't safe to use the tap water in his home.
Interdisciplinary studies in social science senior Ricardo Vasquez demonstrates washing his face using water he poured from a bottle on Feb. 12, 2016 at his home in Flint, Mich. Vasquez relies on bottled water to complete daily tasks since it isn't safe to use the tap water in his home. —
Photo by Carly Geraci | and Carly Geraci The State News

The City of East Lansing and Meridian Charter Township have released a boil water notice due to high turbidity levels found in the East Lansing and Meridian Township water systems, according to a series of alerts. 

The water was found to have high turbidity, or cloudiness. Although that does not guarantee it is contaminated, it increases the possibility of harmful microbes in the water. 

The notice also includes several MSU buildings: 1855 Place, Brody Complex, Central School, Community Music School, Kellogg Center and University Village.

MSU included the Child Development Center in this list. However, that building is not affected by the advisory.

A manager of The State Room, located inside the Kellogg Center, said the restaurant will remain open during normal business hours by cooking with bottled water. All customers will receive bottled water. No ice will be used or served.

Until the advisory has been lifted, all persons and businesses affected should use only bottled water or bring tap water to a rolling boil for one minute and cool before using.

No one from MSU Police or East Lansing Police could be reached at this time.

Check back at statenews.com for updates.

Share and discuss “Boil Water Advisory for East Lansing and Meridian Charter Township” on social media.