Monday, May 6, 2024

Defensive End Auston Robertson signs letter of intent with MSU football

Fort Wayne defensive lineman and 2016 MSU football recruit Auston Robertson has signed his letter of intent with the Spartans, according to a report from 247Sports.

Off the field issues prevented Robertson form signing his letter of intent on signing day on Feb. 3.

Robertson took to Twitter Wednesday morning to express his appreciation that all of this is behind him.

Robertson joins a loaded 2016 Spartan class of defensive linemen in Josh King, Naquan Jones, Mike Panasiuk and Mufi Hunt.

“Our decision to accept Auston Robertson’s signed National Letter of Intent and Big Ten Tender has been evaluated over the last three months while utilizing all resources available to us to thoroughly review his situation,” MSU head football coach Mark Dantonio said in a statement released by the team Wednesday night.

“Our relationship with Auston began last summer when he committed to Michigan State. When we accepted his verbal (commitment), we also made a commitment to him and his family. We elected not to sign him in early February, and since then he has been accepted into a pretrial diversionary program and must continue to satisfy those requirements. Given all the information available to us, we believe Auston should be provided with an opportunity to begin his education and playing career at Michigan State.”

Share and discuss “Defensive End Auston Robertson signs letter of intent with MSU football” on social media.