Freshman MSU basketball forward Kenny Goins to miss six weeks

<p>Then freshman forward Kenny Goins, right, cheers for his teammats after a scored basket with junior guard Eron Harris Jan. 5, 2015, during the game against Indiana at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Hoosiers, 70-50. Erin Hampton/The State News</p>

Then freshman forward Kenny Goins, right, cheers for his teammats after a scored basket with junior guard Eron Harris Jan. 5, 2015, during the game against Indiana at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Hoosiers, 70-50. Erin Hampton/The State News

Men's basketball forward Kenny Goins has undergone a successful sports hernia surgery and is expected to be out of action for six weeks, the team announced Wednesday. Goins is coming into this season on scholarship after being redshirted as a preferred walk-on last year.

Goins averaged 21.1 points, 14.8 rebounds and 4.8 blocks as a senior for Warren Mott in 2014 and passed up other scholarships to walk on at MSU a year ago.

Preseason practices for the Spartans begin this Friday, and they begin their season Nov. 13 at home against Florida Atlantic. 

Share and discuss “Freshman MSU basketball forward Kenny Goins to miss six weeks” on social media.