Marvin Clark Jr. sidelined 6-8 weeks with foot injury

<p>Freshman forward Marvin Clark Jr. heads to the bench after talking to head coach Tom Izzo March 27, 2015, during the East Regional round of the NCAA Tournament in a game against Oklahoma at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, New York. The Spartans the Sooners, 62-58. Erin Hampton/The State News</p>

Freshman forward Marvin Clark Jr. heads to the bench after talking to head coach Tom Izzo March 27, 2015, during the East Regional round of the NCAA Tournament in a game against Oklahoma at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, New York. The Spartans the Sooners, 62-58. Erin Hampton/The State News

Photo by Erin Hampton | The State News

MSU basketball will be without sophomore forward Marvin Clark Jr. for 6-8 weeks due to a foot injury, MSU announced on Tuesday.

In the 2014-15 season, Clark Jr. opened the eyes of Spartan fans and set a record for most games played in by a freshman (39), tying with teammate and sophomore guard Lourawls “Tum Tum” Nairn Jr.

The Spartans first exhibition game of the season is just over six weeks away on Nov. 4 against Northern Michigan.

Roughly eight weeks away, is a non-conference matchup against Kansas at The Champions Classic in Chicago. Clark Jr. played high school basketball in Kansas for the Prep Team at Sunrise Christian Academy.

Clark Jr. started in seven games this past season and averaged 4.5 points and 2.2 rebounds. He had back-to-back 15-point games in early season match-ups against Loyola Chicago and Santa Clara.

Share and discuss “Marvin Clark Jr. sidelined 6-8 weeks with foot injury” on social media.