MSU receiver Aaron Burbridge added to Biletnikoff watch list

<p>Western Michigan cornerback Darius Phillips chases after senior wide receiver Aaron Burbridge on Sept. 4, 2015, during a game against Western Michigan at Waldo Stadium in Kalamazoo, Mich. The Spartans beat the Broncos, 37-24. Julia Nagy/The State News</p>

Western Michigan cornerback Darius Phillips chases after senior wide receiver Aaron Burbridge on Sept. 4, 2015, during a game against Western Michigan at Waldo Stadium in Kalamazoo, Mich. The Spartans beat the Broncos, 37-24. Julia Nagy/The State News

Senior wide receiver Aaron Burbridge has been nominated to the 2015 Biletnikoff Award watch list

The award will be presented to the nation’s most outstanding pass catcher on ESPN's “The Home Depot College Awards Show” on Dec. 10 and a banquet presentation will follow on Jan. 30, 2016, aired on ESPN3, according to a Spartan Athletics release.

There are currently 15 players on the watchlist, which is voted on by a selection committee of 311 voters. There is, however, a fan vote calculated in the selection.

Fans can first vote for the Biletnikoff Award winner on Oct. 1, 2015, and the aggregate fan vote will counted as one committee vote and will be used to determine the 10 semifinalists, the two finalists and the winner.

In 2013, Brandin Cooks of Oregon State won the fan vote and won the award based off of a one vote margin, according to the release.

Burbridge has 24 receptions, 405 yards and four touchdowns on the season. He had a career game in week three against Air Force, finishing with eight receptions 156 yards and three touchdowns.

The final watchlist will be submitted to the committee on Nov. 8 and the list will fluctuate as needed during the season. 

Share and discuss “MSU receiver Aaron Burbridge added to Biletnikoff watch list” on social media.