Monday, October 21, 2024

Eron Harris pleads guilty to reckless driving, OWI charges dropped

<p>Junior guard Denzel Valentine, junior guard Eron Harris,  freshman forward Marvin Clark Jr. and junior forward Matt Costello celebrate Costello's basket Mar. 4, 2015, during the game against Purdue at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Boilermakers, 72-66. Emily Nagle/The State News
</p>

Junior guard Denzel Valentine, junior guard Eron Harris, freshman forward Marvin Clark Jr. and junior forward Matt Costello celebrate Costello's basket Mar. 4, 2015, during the game against Purdue at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Boilermakers, 72-66. Emily Nagle/The State News

MSU junior basketball player Eron Harris plead guilty to reckless driving Wednesday morning. His OWI charges have been dropped, according to court records at the 54B District Court in East Lansing. He will pay $1,236 in fines.

Harris was arrested in the early morning hours of July 1 after police stopped him after he went through a red light at the downtown East Lansing intersection of Abbot Road and Grand River Avenue, according to a police report.

It was then police smelled alcohol on his breath. When Harris eventually agreed to take a breathalyzer test, it was found his BAC was .12. The legal limit in Michigan is .08.

Harris has been suspended indefinitely from the MSU basketball program since July 7.

Share and discuss “Eron Harris pleads guilty to reckless driving, OWI charges dropped” on social media.