Local traffic violations resolvable online starting in June

Resulting from possible frustrations with trying to resolve a traffic ticket, 54B District Court will be offering a new online service beginning on June 1. 

The court signed on with Matterhorn by Court Innovations, "an online platform that allows defendants, police and judges to conveniently work toward resolving minor traffic violations," according to a court statement. 

Matterhorn will direct users through an online series of qualifying questions to see if a traffic violation can be resolved online. If it can, a user can submit their petition online and it will be looked over by the East Lansing Police Department. 54B Judge Andrea Larkin or Judge Richard Ball will then determine the outcome without the defendant ever having to present their case in person before the court. 

The case can be followed online and the user will be notified via text message or email the result of their petition. 

Larkin said in the statement that the program is voluntary and those wishing to can still present their case in person in an informal hearing. 

Individuals will be able to access this at the 54B District Court website under the Online Traffic Ticket Review option and only minor violations will be eligible. MSU police at this time is not participating in the program.

Share and discuss “Local traffic violations resolvable online starting in June” on social media.