Former MSU basketball player goes on drunken Twitter rant, alleges helping teammate cheat drug test during tenure

<p>Then-sophomore forward Garrick Sherman goes up for a shot against Bowling Green Dec. 4, 2010 at Breslin Center. Josh Radtke/The State News</p>

Then-sophomore forward Garrick Sherman goes up for a shot against Bowling Green Dec. 4, 2010 at Breslin Center. Josh Radtke/The State News

Former Michigan State basketball big man Garrick Sherman revealed a lot about his time in East Lansing on Wednesday night through  a series of drunken tweets.

The former Spartan center who finished his career at the University of Notre Dame, most notably alleged that he urinated into a condom to help his former teammate Durrell Summers pass a drug test.

Through a series of tweets Sherman hinted this took place during his Final Four season with the Spartans in 2010. Sherman was a freshman at the time, Summers a junior and their season came to an end with a loss to Butler University in the Final Four.

Sherman also claimed that MSU coach Tom Izzo "might actually hate me more (if that's possible) when he loses scholarships cause I drunkenly spilled half his team smoked weed," on Twitter Wednesday, although he only made allegations about Summers.

Interestingly enough, Korie Lucious was also on the 2009-10 Michigan State men’s basketball roster, but was kicked off the team the following season for uncited reasons at the time. However, Lucious  came out in 2013 during an interview with blackathlete.net about his dismissal.

“I was smoking, I don’t want to tell a lot of people that, but I was smoking a lot of weed at Michigan State,” Lucious said. “That’s the real reason I got kicked off the team, and I let my mom, family and friends down.”

Sherman has deleted a number of his posts, but said he will stand by his tweets.

Michigan State’s Athletic Department declined to comment on the issue. 

Share and discuss “Former MSU basketball player goes on drunken Twitter rant, alleges helping teammate cheat drug test during tenure” on social media.