Breaking: Running back Delton Williams suspended, currently in custody at Ingham County Jail.

The football team took a hit today as another player has run into legal trouble. Sophomore running back Delton Williams was taken into custody at the Ingham County Jail according to online records.

Head coach Mark Dantonio released a statement on the sophomore running backs status with the team as of now.

"Delton Williams has been suspended indefinitely from all team-related activities," Dantonio said.

According to a report on the website isportsweb.com Williams was taken into custody for brandishing a firearm during a road rage incident at the corner of Shaw Lane and Farm Lane.

There was an alert issued by the MSU Police Department detailing the incident before it was known Williams was involved.

"MSUPD report a person displaying a gun from vehicle at Shaw/Farm in a road rage incident. Suspect left southbound on Farm in a blue or black Impala. Suspect is described as a black male. No other description was provided by the victim. Please call 517-355-2222 if you have any information on this incident," the alert said.

Share and discuss “Breaking: Running back Delton Williams suspended, currently in custody at Ingham County Jail.” on social media.