With recent commitment, Allen family has stronghold in Spartan football

Everyone that follows the MSU football team closely certainly knows the last name Bullough but there is another family rapidly spreading roots in East Lansing, the Allen family. 

Matt Allen a three-star center in the class of 2016 verbally committed joining his two older brothers at MSU—Junior center Jack Allen and freshman offensive lineman Brian Allen who saw time at guard and center in his freshman season.

The addition of Allen gives the Spartans an early boost to their recruiting efforts in the class of 2016. After a strong class in 2015 that earned the team a No. 22 spot in the Rivals team rankings for recruiting classes, MSU will hope to improve upon that whilst garnering more national attention.

Allen, the second recruit to verbally pledge to attend MSU, joins fellow offensive recruit and the No. 119 player overall in the class of 2016 according to Rivals four-star wide receiver Cameron Chambers. Allen comes out of Hinsdale, Illinois while Chambers hails from Sicklerville, New Jersey—the two are MSU's only commitments as of now and neither are from in-state, adding to the idea that the Spartans are spreading their reach on the recruiting trails.

Matt will have a lot to live up to as both of his brothers have seen success on the field for MSU and neither of them are done, Jack has senior year to look forward to and Brian is coming off of a fine showing as a freshman.

Brian Allen as a true freshman played in 12 games seeing time at guard and center en route to being named a first-team freshman all-american by the Football Writers Association of America.

Jack Allen started in 12 games and played in all 13 in his red-shirt freshman season and he also happened to get named first-team freshman all-american by the Football Writers Association of America. Jack is coming off of a junior season in which he was named first-team all-american by USA Today. In total, the junior center through three years of play has competed in 36 games, 35 of which he started.

The Spartans recent success on the gridiron has built expectations for the program and that will put more pressure on all incoming recruits, but the third Allen brother will face a little more with two brothers experiencing success before his arrival.

Share and discuss “With recent commitment, Allen family has stronghold in Spartan football ” on social media.