Gov. Rick Snyder sworn in for second gubernatorial term

<p>Governor Rick Snyder and wife Sue Snyder celebrate the election win Nov. 4, 2014, at the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center in Detroit, Mich. Jessalyn Tamez/The State News</p>

Governor Rick Snyder and wife Sue Snyder celebrate the election win Nov. 4, 2014, at the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center in Detroit, Mich. Jessalyn Tamez/The State News

Photo by Jessalyn Tamez | The State News

Gov. Rick Snyder is being sworn in for his second term as Michigan's 48th governor this afternoon, where despite frigid conditions, he gave a speech.

"This isn't about me," Snyder said to the crowd gathered at the Capitol. "This is about building that foundation for a better and brighter future."

Lt. Gov. Brian Calley, Attorney General Bill Schuette and Secretary of State Ruth Johnson also took their oaths of office.

Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan is the emcee of the inauguration ceremony. Also being sworn in today are members of the Michigan Supreme Court, the State Board of Education and three university boards, including MSU's newly elected trustees George Perles and Melanie Foster.

Share and discuss “Gov. Rick Snyder sworn in for second gubernatorial term” on social media.