Narduzzi interviewed for Wisconsin head coach prior to being announced as Pittsburgh head coach

Pat Narduzzi's success as a defensive coordinator for the Michigan State Spartans was so renowned that his head coaching search didn't stop at just Colorado State and Pittsburgh. 

Narduzzi, 48, who spent the last seven years running the defense under Mark Dantonio while finishing ranked in the top 10 in total defense in the past four seasons, accepted the Panthers job and was officially introduced the day after Christmas, replacing Paul Chryst who left for the Wisconsin Badgers opening on Dec. 17. 

But while Chryst went back to his alma mater with the Big Ten powerhouse, he wasn't the only one who was interviewed to succeed current Oregon State head coach, Gary Anderson.

According to a report from Andy Baggot of the Wisconsin State Journal, Badgers athletic director, Barry Alvarez, confirmed that he interviewed two other candidates along with Chryst for the program's head coaching position, including Narduzzi and former Rutgers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach, Greg Schiano.

Less than a month into his job as head coach of Pittsburgh, Narduzzi has made it clear that he means business. 

During an interview with WPXI-TV with former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward, Narduzzi saw the perfect opportunity to compare his newest in-state rival, Penn State, to the Michigan Wolverines. 

As well as firing shots on James Franklin's squad, Narduzzi has found decent success in the recruiting trail, landing four commits since taking over the position, including three-star outside linebacker Anthony McKee, who was heavily recruited by the Spartans. 

Share and discuss “Narduzzi interviewed for Wisconsin head coach prior to being announced as Pittsburgh head coach” on social media.