Armed cab robbery prompts MSU alert early Tuesday morning

MSU police are looking for two men in the Lansing area involved in robbing a cab and its student passenger at gunpoint early Tuesday morning. 

"A 24-year old cab driver told police he was transporting a passenger to his residence and was given the wrong directions," a statement from MSU police said. 

The cab stopped in a parking lot at the east end of Crescent Road, near the MSU Disc Golf Course, at about 12:40 a.m. when "two men approached his cab asking for assistance," then entered the vehicle. 

The first suspect, placed a gun to the driver's head and told him to drive. 

The second suspect, a white male, entered the back seat and assaulted and robbed the passenger, a 23-year-old male MSU student.

The cab drove to Lansing, and the suspects were last seen running from the area of Parker and Walsh streets.

Although described as two white males in an MSU alert sent later that night, the first suspect is described as a black 5-foot-5 male with wide shoulders and approximately 25-30 years old, wearing glasses and having a reddish beard. 

The second suspect is described as a white male, thin and about the same age, carrying a book bag and a wooden paddle or club.

MSU police are encouraging anyone with information to contact the department.

Share and discuss “Armed cab robbery prompts MSU alert early Tuesday morning” on social media.