Jeffery Taylor pleads guilty to East Lansing domestic assault

Jeffery Taylor, forward for the Charlotte Hornets in the NBA, pleaded guilty to domestic assault charges Wednesday, Reuters reported.

According to court records, Taylor and the victim, a female MSU student, "had a dating relationship."

Taylor, 25, was arrested in an East Lansing hotel in September and pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanors of domestic violence, assault and battery, and malicious destruction of a building.

Taylor was also charged with the assault of a male employee at the Marriott in East Lansing where Taylor was arrested. The employee's LinkedIn profile lists his position as "head of security."

The assault and battery charge was dropped Wednesday, but Taylor pleaded guilty to both domestic assault and destruction of property.

Ingham County Prosecutor Stuart Dunnings said he couldn’t go into detail about the destruction made to the property, but said there was $200 to $1000 worth of damage.

Although he initially faced up to a year in jail, Taylor’s current misdemeanor charges could see him facing up to 93 days in jail. The Ingham County prosecutor would not object to Taylor being placed in a probation diversion program that would significantly lower jail time as well as strike the domestic abuse charge from his record.

Specific details of the incident have not been released.

Share and discuss “Jeffery Taylor pleads guilty to East Lansing domestic assault” on social media.