Summer construction to affect on-campus traffic, parking

MSU Construction Superintendent Leisa Williams-Swedberg gave a presentation to MSU’s undergraduate student government ASMSU on Thursday addressing the construction occurring in the near future and over the summer on north campus.

The undergraduate student government finished off its last general assembly meeting prior to elections with an MSU Infrastructure and Planning Facilities presentation.

West Circle Neighborhood will be undergoing construction and parking on Delta Court will be significantly reduced.

Williams-Swedberg said Landon Hall, which is currently under construction, will be open for occupancy in the fall semester.

She said most of the work being done on North Campus is another phase of a continuing project to update old steam pipes and other infrastructures of the buildings.

“During the complete timeframe, interior sidewalks are not going to be accessible,” Williams-Swedberg said. “We will be putting up detour signs within the next week to ten days.”

Chittenden Hall will also be undergoing renovations to create a hub for graduate students, Williams-Swedberg said.

She said the Council of Graduate Students, or COGS, has been discussing the renovation of the hall and are excited to finally have a designated space for graduate students on campus.

Stefan Fletcher, former president of COGS, said in a previous interview that graduate students are looking forward to having a place on campus to call their own and are looking forward to seeing the results after the renovations are finished.

Share and discuss “Summer construction to affect on-campus traffic, parking” on social media.