Police investigating death of MSU student found near highway ramp

Update, 1:53 p.m.

Earlier on Saturday night, Frolka sent a tweet from his Twitter account implying his experimentation with psychedelic drug DMT.

“I’ve never done DMT and tonight is about to change s***,” the tweet read.

Police cannot confirm whether or not the drug caused Frolka’s death until autopsy and toxicology reports are complete. Bath Township police Det. Sgt. Gary Smith said the report, which could take several weeks, will include whether or not Frolka had the drug in his system at the time of his death.

Frolka, a marketing sophomore, was a local aspiring rapper who went by the name of “D-Fro.” He produced music in his dorm room and had previously performed in Detroit, Flint, Ann Arbor, Muskegon and Atlanta.

Bath Township police are investigating the death of an MSU student who they believe was murdered this weekend.

On Saturday evening, 19-year-old Dustyn Frolka of Owosso, Mich. was found lying on I-69 near the East Lansing exit, appearing to be in respiratory distress, and later died in Sparrow Hospital in Lansing.

An individual contacted police at about 10:30 that night after seeing Frolka lying in the roadway partially clothed, according to a statement from Bath Township police. A passing motorist stopped and administered first aid before Frolka was transported to Sparrow Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Police are treating the investigation as a homicide.

Anyone with information regarding Frolka’s death is encouraged to call Bath Township police Det. Sgt. Gary Smith at 517-641-6271.

Share and discuss “Police investigating death of MSU student found near highway ramp” on social media.