Wednesday, July 30, 2014 | Last updated: 11:56am

Dawson out 4-5 weeks with broken bone in hand

jn_bkc_minnesota_04_011114

Head coach Tom Izzo talks to junior guard/forward Branden Dawson Jan. 11, 2014, at Breslin Center during the game against Minnesota. The Spartans defeated the Gophers in overtime, 87-75. Julia Nagy/The State News

While watching TV clips from their game against Indiana Thursday, junior forward Branden Dawson let his anger get the best of him.

While watching the game and listening to what the announcers had to say, Dawson said he felt a sense of pressure and took his anger out on a table. He hit it so hard he broke one bone in his hand, sidelining him for four to five weeks.

“When doctor Kovan told me, you know, tears came to my eyes because I know this team is really important to me, and I love Michigan State, and I want to be a part of playing,” Dawson said. “And you know it was kind of something I did to myself, and kind of … it’s been kind of crazy, but I’m just ready to come back even stronger.”

Dawson left the building and was en route to surgery after the ten minute round-table discussion with the media. He also stressed how he will be back for postseason play.

Dawson is just another casualty on the Spartans’ long list of injuries, most notably joining senior forward Adreian Payne who is out with a sprained foot.

Dawson said he knows he let his team down, but vows to come back an even stronger just like he did after his ACL injury he suffered his freshman year.

“I went through an ACL injury before and I was out for close to seven, eight months and I came back even stronger,” Dawson said. “So I’ll be out for four to five weeks and I’m gonna come back even stronger.”